All Workshops are designed for multiple skill levels, and we coach everyone towards their specific needs or interests. You are welcome to bring your own welders to class for specific set up and use questions. Students may return for another class if they wish to broaden their experience with a specific process, or focus on a new process. To request private lessons for individuals or to schedule a small group, please fill out the Private and Group Class Request form. Private and Group Classes are limited to schedule availability.
*For information about different welding processes, what to bring to class, welding certifications, private instruction, etc.- please read our FAQ.
How To Register for classes:
• Students must be at least 18 years of age (or have a guardian present)
• Select your desired class from the list below. Choose the date you wish to attend and click on it; this will bring up a registration form in a new browser tab.
• Read, complete, and submit the registration form, this will bring up a seperate payment form. You will receive a confirmation email of registration and payment upon completion of each form. If payment is not submitted, your registration will be deleted (If this happens you may register again, once you have your payment information in order). Note: If clicking your desired class does not bring up a form, or states ‘form error’, then that class is closed
• Please be aware there will be no refunds after completion of registration and receipt of payment. Please select your class date wisely!
• In the unlikely event that a class fails to meet the student minimum, it will be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be offered an opportunity to transfer to another class date, or receive a full refund.
• For class transfers, you must notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org 7 days prior to the scheduled class. If you miss the class, you will have forfeited your class fee, our classes are offered on a filled basis only.
• Please take your time and verify that your schedule allows attendance of your selected class.
Welding Workshop Schedule
- The Welding Workshops take place just West of 183, in between MLK and Bolm Rd. Our address and maps will be provided within your confirmation email.
-Welding Workshop, $125 (Four seats per class)
This is a single 4 hour class , open to all skill levels. MIG, TIG, and Stick Welding will be discussed. Students are allowed to choose a process or try them all. Topics covered include; safety information, equipment operation instructions, welding demonstration, and mostly hands-on practice. You will leave with a basic knowledge of how to weld using at least one of the three processes.
Welding Workshop dates for 2017.
These classes are open to all skill levels. We will cover how to work the anvil, the basic tools and their uses, and simple finishes of steel. The processes of drawing, upsetting, bending, twisting, punching, slitting, and drifting hot metal will also be demonstrated and practiced. Students will make functional objects such as wall hooks and bottle openers to learn the process of blacksmithing. We will give step by step instructions for each project. You will leave with a basic knowledge and ability of how to safely use the forge, hand hammers, tongs, and the anvil to forge hot metal.
Due to our Heavy work loads, we only are able to offer classes spontaneaously as our schedules allow. These classes have included Copper raising, Copper forging, Kitchen cookware, Metal Etching, and basic and more advanced forging classes. They may be a hands on workshop, demonstration, or hybrid of the two. We try to offer as many creatively unique classes as we are able, please subscribe to our email list to be notified when classes become available.
Our Classes are intended for all levels of experience. We run our classes alongside of our full time Custom Metal Production Company. We do our best to offer as many scheduled classes and fit in as many private lessons as our work load allows. Please email all Questions pertaining to classes to email@example.com. The Vast majority of questions can be answered from reading this page and checking out our FAQ page. We look forward to being able to teach you anything that we are able and having you in our shop!